StoRM (STOrage Resource Manager) is a:
- file system independent
storage manager service (SRM) for generic disk based storage system, compliant with the standard SRM interface version 2.2. StoRM provides data management capabilities in a Grid environment to share, access and transfer data among heterogeneous and geographically distributed data centres.In particular, StoRM works on each POSIX filesystems (ext3, ext4, xfs, basically on everything than can be mounted on a Linux machine) but it also brings in Grid the advantages of high performance storage systems based on cluster file system ( such as GPFS from IBM or Lustre from Sun Microsystems ) supporting direct access (native POSIX I/O call) to shared files and directories, as well as other standard Grid access protocols. StoRM is adopted in the context of WLCG computational Grid framework.
- 20/07/2012 StoRM 1.10.0 has been released within EMI 2 Update 1
- 19/07/2012 StoRM 1.8.3 has been released within EMI 1 Update 17
- 22/06/2012 A Critical Issue for GPFS users has been found in StoRM 1.9.0 . GPFS user must not install StoRM 1.9.0. Details here
- 21/05/2012 StoRM 1.9.0 has been released within EMI 2 (Matterhorn) release
- 17/02/2012 StoRM 1.8.2 has been released within EMI 1 Update 13
- 30/01/2012 StoRM 1.8.2 will be released with the next EMI-Update (Update 13). Roadmap for v1.8.2 here (v1.8.2)
- 15/12/2011 StoRM 1.8.1 has been released within EMI 1 Update 11
- 3/11/2011 StoRM 1.8.0 has been released within EMI 1 Update 9.
- 20/09/2011 A patch for StoRM 1.7.1 is available. Checkout all the related information in Packages section
- 29/03/2011 !!UPGRADE NEEDED!! FTS v2.2.5 is going to be released. It includes a fix on the interpretation of RemainingTotalTime. FTS v2.2.5 will not be able to work with the StoRM versions prior to 1.5.3: if FTS receives RemainingTotalTime equals to zero (indeed StoRM versions<1.53 send zero value if it is not set), FTS will handle the StoRM response as in timeout and it will abort the transfer immediately. Upgrade your StoRM instances to the last available versions: v1.5.6 in SL4 and 1.6.2 in SL5.
- 18/10/2010 StoRM 1.5.5 has been released as an EMERGENCY release (please use INFN-Grid repository ig repository) Changelog here!
- NOTE: as an EMERGENCY release this release has not performed Early Adopters installation phase
- 30/06/2010 StoRM 1.5.3 is available for Early Adopter sites only (use the certification repository of INFN-Grid ig-cert repository)
- 07/05/2010 Checksum note. Please have a look here Checksum note
- 26/02/2010 StoRM 1.5.x represents the new STABLE releases (take the last available) Changelog here!
- 05/10/2009 Changed storm-support mailing list address. see here!
- 08/07/2009 Wish list for the next releases (1.4.1 and so on) (wish list)
- 15/05/2009 StoRM 1.4.0-00 is the new STABLE release Changelog here!
- 05/02/2009 StoRM 1.4.0-rc2 is now available in our repository.
This version, together with new YAIM profile for StoRM v1.4.0 are now in the IG certification repository with ig-yaim-storm >= 4.0.5-2_test11.
Known issues: Open bugs